Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The Sunshine Award

Gosh, I haven't been posting much lately, have I? Anyway, I'll skip all the apologies and excuses and say a big thank you to Rhiannon  for nominating me for the sunshine award!

The rules are:
  1. State 5 facts about yourself
  2. Answer the 5 questions received
  3. Create 5 new questions and nominate more bloggers for the award
Ok, so 5 facts about me:
  1. My favourite films as a child were Pippi Longstocking and The Secret Garden
  2. As a child I was also obsessed with the Famous Five series by Enid Blyton. My brothers and I would always order Ginger Beer because that was what they always drank in the books. They also ate lots of Corned Beef sandwiches, but fortunately we never ate those. 
  3. At the moment I am extremely excited, but also a little bit nervous, about starting University at the end of September. 
  4. Everyone at work always makes fun of me for being rubbish at driving, just because I forgot to turn my headlights on once when I was giving someone a lift... 
  5. Whenever I can't sleep I always seem to end up buying really random things on Amazon
My answers to the Questions:
  1. What's the last book you read, and your thoughts on it? The last book I read was 'Summer in the City' by Candace Bushnell, which is the second Carrie Diaries book. It is a prequel to Sex and the City, which I have not actually read. I absolutely loved the main character in the books - 17 year old Carrie Bradshaw. She was relatable, and real, and a little bit crazy in a way that made the book amusing and unpredictable. You never know what situation Carrie will get herself into next.     
  2. What's your favourite quote/saying? This is so difficult, there are so many quotes that I love but for some reason I can't think of any at the moment! I love this one from Looking for Alaska: "We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken". I also love this one from Paper Towns: "I'm not saying that everything is survivable. Just that everything except the last thing is."
  3. When are you at your happiest? I would have to say maybe when I'm at the beach with friends. It always feels so chilled and I'm always so happy, whether we are sunbathing during the day or having a party or a bonfire in the evening. 
  4. What is your party trick/unusual talent? I don't actually think I have one
  5. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?  In 10 years time I will be 28, and honestly I really don't know how I see my life going. Maybe I'll be married and maybe I'll have a child (or children). Maybe I'll be living in the countryside somewhere, or maybe I'll be living in the city. I could be living in a whole different country, a different continent even. Who knows.  
My nominees:

  1. Imogen from Imogen Scribbles
  2. Ellen from Wanderlust

My Questions:

  1. What are you looking forward to at the moment?
  2. (I'm going to steal this one from Rhiannon) When are you at your happiest?
  3. What is your favourite book, and why?
  4. Are you a morning person?
  5. Would you rather be invisible or be able to fly?
Thank you again to Rhiannon for nominating me, and I really am sorry it took me so long to write this post. 

Freya x 

3 comments:

  1. Hi!! Long time no see :)

    Congrats on being nominated! Have you already started uni?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! You're back! We've both been away quite a while haven't we :)

      I haven't started uni yet - I'm going on the 28th September :)

      Delete
  2. The beach is definitely where I'm at my happiest too :)
    Thanks for the nomination!! I'm about to write up my post now :) xx

    ReplyDelete