Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Life lessons


So I am back from skiing (a day early because it decided to pour with rain for all of yesterday and ruin all the snow), and while I was there I learnt a valuable life lesson. This lesson was: Always shave your legs - even when you are going on a ski holiday with your family.

Let me explain. Friday night we were on our way to the ski resort, we stopped at a service station to get some dinner and fill up the car. I was (for a reason that I don't remember) racing my brother to the door. We were running. There were some small steps. I didn't see these steps (it was dark remember. Next thing I know I am lying on the ground, with the blood from my knee soaking into my jeans. That makes it sound worse than it was, there wasn't much blood.

So a couple of hours of driving later and we have arrived. I get out of the car and my knee has swelled up to approximately the size of Australia.

Now skip ahead to saturday morning and I am in the pharmacy with my dad, having already dropped my brothers off for their snowboard lesson - which I was meant to be taking with them. Neither me nor my dad can speak much french, so we were trying to explain to the woman that we needed something for my knee. So eventually my dad tells me to just show her my knee. I was thinking "no, my legs are so hairy at the moment", but luckily I had the excuse that I was dressed in full ski gear. 

We managed to explain it to the woman in the end, so all was well. But guys seriously remember this lesson! 

Freya x

No comments:

Post a Comment