Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Prefect Interview

Why is it that we always think of wonderful things to say after a situation has happened, when it is no longer of any use to us? Like when you are having an argument with someone, and later on you think of this amazing comeback, that would have won you the argument.

In my History prefect interview the other day, the first question the asked was what figure in history we would like to be. At the moment we are studying Hitler so all that was going through my head was Hitler. But of course I couldn't say Hitler, because then they would think that I was a psychopath. The interview was carried out by the current prefects, so before this interview they had never met me before. It was a group interview and I was second, so I just said the same as the girl before me, who said Churchill. Afterwards I thought of much better things I could have said. I could have said Martin Luther King who did so much for black people's rights. Or Florence Nightingale. Or Louis Pasteur who invented the first vaccination. Or... well I think you get the picture. The rest of the interview didn't exactly go well either, so I think I can safely say that I am not going to get that. I just never know what to say when I am put on the spot.

Freya x

No comments:

Post a Comment