Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Hi There

Hi,

Okay so what can I tell you about myself? I am a 15 (nearly 16) year old girl. I live in a small town in England, not really much to say there it's pretty boring. . I love horseriding, Glee, How I Met Your Mother, swimming and fanfiction.I am starting this blog because I love to write, and love telling random people out there in the world about my life and my opinions on anything and everything. I am new to the world of blogging, so any tips or whatever are always good.

I am currently in year 11, so I have just had to choose all of my a-level options for next year. Everyone at school has been asking what I want to be when I grow up. I wish people would stop asking this, because every time I give the same answer: I have no idea! Everyone else seems to know exactly what they want to do with their lives, even which Uni they want to go to, but I still feel like I am way too young to decide such big things as that. Do you know what I mean? I spent ages trying to decide what it is I wanted to do, and then I remembered this speech from twilight:

"When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. Our answers were things like astronaut, president, or in my case… princess.

When we were ten, they asked again and we answered - rock star, cowboy, or in my case, gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how 'bout this: who the hell knows?!

This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions, its time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere chill. Fall in love - a lot. Major in philosophy 'cause there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind. Then change it again, because nothing is permanent.

So make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask again what we want to be… we won't have to guess. We'll know."


No comments:

Post a Comment